CORONAVIRUS UPDATES 2020
Please check back often for the newest updates, changes and implementations as we continue to monitor this national crisis.
WE ARE STILL OPEN AND ACCEPTING PATIENTS AT THIS TIME.
APRIL 23, 2020
Updates: In order to practice proper social distancing, we have lowered our capacity to ensure the highest quality safety for all patients and staff. We are still accepting patients at all of our locations. Please contact our admissions department for any questions or concerns: 855.859.8810
APRIL 1, 2020
Updates: Retreat will be offering a weekly support group for community members that have a loved one struggling with mental health or substance abuse disorder. This group is a place for individuals to share their experiences and receive support and guidance. It will be moderated by Patti Weisbrod, one of Retreat’s clinical therapists and Director of Family Education. For more information email: email@example.com
MARCH 29, 2020
Updates: Retreat is continuing to serve our community with access to both inpatient and outpatient treatment for substance abuse and mental health. With a combination of on-site and tele-health options we are available to those in need of treatment during this difficult time. Our trusted leaders have also been serving as experts throughout our news gamut speaking on a variety of topics. You can view our recent new coverage here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrXOyPqMqxz5d9k-XCJfrz-VB-FV2RnbP
MARCH 24, 2020
Updates: Retreat Alumni can continue to #StayConnected with their peers and support group through our new virtual Alumni Meetings. Individuals interested can email MaggieH@retreatmail.com for more details.
MARCH 19, 2020
Updates: In an effort to prevent the spread of #COVID19, we at Retreat are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. As of today, all admissions will be pre-screened through a tele-health assessment. Our dedicated team of physicians will administer this assessment prior to a patient entering any of our facilities.
MARCH 18, 2020
Updates: Retreat takes the safety and health of our patients and staff very seriously. In a proactive effort, we will be providing all outpatient services via telehealth. Retreat will also have physicians available to provide pre-screening medical assessments prior to admission for our inpatient centers. Again, the well-being of our patients is of utmost importance and we will continue to monitor the progress of covid-19.
MARCH 17, 2020
Updates: We continue to monitor our patients and staff to ensure the safety of those in our care. With the cancellation of all on-site trainings and workshops we are working on creating online webinars and events to continue supporting our communities during this time.
MARCH 16, 2020
Updates: Retreat is looking into Telehealth & virtual options to continue providing services at the outpatient level of care for our patients.
Retreat has created updated policies and procedures based on CDC recommendations to continue and protect our staff and patients while decreasing our impact during this pandemic.
- Currently all non-direct care staff will be working from home indefinitely until determined to be safe to come back to work.
- All direct care providers will be screened prior to entering our building, every day, to ensure they are not presenting with any potential symptoms.
- We have provided additional alcohol based hand sanitizer, which will be more readily available at key locations throughout each location.
- Staff have been asked to thoroughly clean all of their areas, meticulously.
- Our cleaning team will do a deep cleanse to all of our buildings and continue this level of cleaning throughout the duration.
- All events, on-site and off-site have been canceled for the time being, which will be re-assessed on a daily basis.
- All staff travel has been canceled for now and continually reevaluated on a day to day basis. By decreasing our exposure, it is our hope that staff will not become transmitters of this virus.
- New protocols have been added to our admissions process to ensure we are properly screening for warning signs and symptoms. The additional level of security will allow us to more effectively screen our incoming patients. We will evaluate on a case by case basis and will decline admission if there is any risk. We have now expanded our assessments to add another layer of defense as well as having our drivers ask our potential admissions specific questions upon pick up.
While these are only some of the things we are doing to protect our staff and patients, as well as reduce our impact to the pandemic, we continue to add and assess each day to ensure we are doing everything possible for continued safety.
ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT US 24/7 at 855.859.8810.
You can also email your questions or concerns at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Retreat at South Connecticut’s Executive Director discusses the role of anxiety over the Coronavirus and how to protect your immune system.
In Philadelphia, one of Retreat’s counselors speaks to the importance of keeping calm during the Coronavirus threat.
At our Lancaster County facility, our Director of Clinical Services discussed similar sentiments about keeping calm to reduce anxiety.
Retreat staff spoke to WPBF 25 in Palm Beach as an additional voice on this impending pandemic.